- Put several coats of Danish Oil on Fenchurch's woodwork. It's looking very nice.
- Painted the floor of the passenger compartment with red oxide and two coats of blue Smoothrite.
- Drilled a couple of pilot holes in the engine thermostat (long story - there is a good reason for doing this). I also enlarged the holes through the thermostat housing a bit to reduce the chances of it seizing onto the studs.
- Re-fitted the windscreen wiper mechanism. This was made more difficult because I chose to replace the chrome-plated embellisher things where the wiper shafts come through the bodywork, and the replacement ones sit at a slightly different angle to the original ones. Either they're a rather poor pattern copy or they're actually intended for a different car (a Mini perhaps). Disappointingly, they don't actually work significantly faster or over a greater angle than they did before I rebuilt them (the angle is smaller than it should be because there's lots of backlash in the gearboxes - replacing them might help, but they're not terribly cheap). The new Tex wiper arms press against the screen with a lot more force than the tired old ones though, which means they do a better job of wiping water off.
- Did quite a bit more spraying and flatting-down of external body panels. I've virtually run out of etch primer and grey primer now, so I'm trying hard not to rub through to bare metal again when flatting down the panels. I've got several panels ready to receive the topcoats, and the rest of them just need the primer flatting down again first.
A couple of weeks ago I attended this year's Worldcon, Loncon 3, at the Excel Centre in London. After a couple of false starts on this report I've…
I was recently commissioned by a Punch and Judy professor to make a pair of marionettes à la planchette depicting an elderly Queen Victoria and a…
I recently made a simple jig doll (limberjack) dog for my niece's birthday. It's loosely based on my mum's Yorkshire Terrier, Amber. I made her…