Alex Holden (alex_holden) wrote,
Alex Holden

One down

I've got the first door snake finished:

The red fabric on his top half is the one I was least sure would look good on a door snake - I used it first in case I made such a mess of it that I had to throw it away. I had planned to use it for the snake's underbelly with the gold patterned fabric on top, but after sewing him together and stuffing him I thought the red fabric actually worked better on top, particularly when combined with the contrasting green eyes.

The hardest part was hand stitching his arsehole the curved opening at the bottom where it's held closed with a press-stud so that when it gets dirty you can remove the inner sandbag and bung the cover in the washing machine.

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. One thing I might change on the next one is to mix the sand filler with something less dense, like wood shavings or polystyrene beads.
Tags: sewing

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.