Alex Holden (alex_holden) wrote,
Alex Holden

What I made last night

Last night I made the first of two fittings that will allow my new heater matrix to connect to Fenchurch's old plumbing. I just thought I'd share a few pictures as I'm quite happy with the way it turned out (no pun intended ;).

I started with this (1" round aluminium alloy bar):

And used this (my Taig/Peatol lathe):

To produce this (a big pile of swarf):

And this (the heater fitting):

Here it is next to one of the large aluminium pipes that came with the matrix and the rubber hose it will connect to (from this you should be able to see what I mean about the limiting factor in the heat output being the size of the old plumbing):

And here you can see how it fits into the heater matrix in place of the existing aluminium pipe:

Tags: engineering, fenchurch, morris minor, photos

  • Hello, my name is Inigo Skywalker...

    I just found this brilliant Princess Bride/Star Wars mashup via a post on BoingBoing. If you haven't seen Princess Bride (one of my favourite films…

  • Hear My Song

    I've just watched a movie morris1000 lent to me called Hear My Song. It made me very happy. Not just because it features the protagonist…

  • How I spent my bank holiday

    On Saturday I drove down to Stratford upon Avon. I saw several traffic jams and accidents on the way, luckily all heading the other way to me. I went…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.