Needs to be done before the MOT:
Finish putting the engine back together. Weld up the loose front bumper mounting bar. Refit the front panel, radiator, and front bumper. Refill the cooling system and check for leaks. Get the engine running. Tune the engine.
- Weld up the hole in the front of the nearside under-sill panel.
- Weld up the hole in the front of the offside under-sill panel.
- Replace the front seat belts.
Fix the problem with the driver's door not shutting properly. Repair the outer sill panel between the driver's door and the rear wing. Repair the headlight mounting ring on the passenger side wing.
- Replace the knackered headlight bowls with plastic ones.
- Replace the headlight wiring looms.
- Fit new headlights
after sealing the edges to hopefully stop them filling with condensation again.
- Roughly set the headlight aim (remember to ask the MOT tester to do it properly).
Fix the indicator warning light.ETA: this seems to have started working on its own so I'm probably going to leave it alone and hope it works during the test.
- Carefully check for any more potential MOT failure points.
- Clean up and paint all the weld repairs under the floor.
- Fit immobiliser switch(es).
- Move the distributor drive gear clockwise by one tooth.
- Fit electronic ignition module.
- Get the timing perfect.
- Replace the exhaust mounting straps.
- Fit the exhaust heat shield.
- Make an instrument panel with rev counter, ammeter, water temperature, and oil pressure gauges.
- Replace the stereo and speakers with a better one.
- Try to fix the leaks under the dashboard (probably the wiper spindles).
- Clean up, rust-kill, and paint the cabin floor.
- Fix the spare fuel pumps (the one that is ticking too often due to leaky valves, and the one with the sticking diaphragm).
- Fit rear seat belts.
- Touch up the worst bits of the paintwork and T-cut the rest.
- Clean up and paint the wheels.
- Clean, wire-brush, rust-kill, prime, paint, and Waxoyl the whole underside.
- Replace the door seals.
- Replace the boot lid seal.
- Fit new courtesy light switches.
- Fit a cigarette lighter socket.
- Fit the passenger glove box liner.
- Replace the rear suspension bushes.
- Change the fluid in the rear dampers.
- If I can find a pair, fit new front drums.
- Fit new rear springs.
- Replace the wiring loom.
- Replace the front panel (I already have a better one but it needs a respray).
- Replace the boot lid (I already have a better one but it needs a respray).
- Either replace the nearside door or repair the bottom of the outer skin.
- Either replace the offside door or repair the bottom of the outer skin.
- Repair or replace the nearside rear wing.
- Repair or replace the offside rear wing.
- Repair the nearside front wing.
- Replace the nearside crossmember-end.
- Replace the sills.
- Replace the nearside chassis leg.
- Replace the nearside tie-plate.
- Do something about (possibly replace) the inner wings (they have been replaced before, badly).
- Maybe replace the window rubbers.
- Maybe respray a different colour (I'm not a big fan of Almond Green).
- Maybe fit a carpet.
I'll add more stuff as I think of it...